Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was busy but good. I am enjoying my newly landscaped backyard. I will post some photos soon. I mowed the lawn yesterday and it didn’t take any time at all as I got rid of all the grass against the fence, and that made it easier. A few mosquito bites later … I was done. Task achieved. So now I could go to my studio and do some work without feeling guilty every time I looked out the window and saw that I needed to cut the grass.
On to some new work I’ve been doing. As you may know, I’ve been dyeing my own fabrics for a while now, and let me tell you … it gets addictive. Also, Lisa, who is a member of At The Edge, one of the groups I belong to, was moving to Toronto and she asked me if I would join her in a dyeing day. Of course I said yes, and ended up with 12 yards of new hand-dyed fabrics. The weekend after, we got together again just before she left for her new adventures, and dyed about the same amount. Later on that week, I received the new dyes I had ordered from Dharma, so of course I had to give them a try. They were mostly greys as one of the pieces I’ve been working on is mostly greys and black. Another 7 yards later … I was done for a while. Now I have to use them!
Here’s the piece I was working on yesterday. It’s been on my design wall for a while, and I’ve been debating what to do with it; I had added the fused hand-dyed cheesecloth a while ago. On Saturday, I decided to use one of my hand-dyed threads and add some hand-stitching to it. I will have to upload some photos later, as the ones I have for some reason won’t upload (frustrating…).
Well, despite the technical difficulties … I hope you are still reading. And if you are, I thank you for that. Keep quilting.